Hello, a former landlord is making lots of noise to a friend

Customer Question

Hello, a former landlord is making lots of noise to a friend of mine about suing me for £50k for the 'damages' I did after I reported all of his violations as a landlord to the local council. I've been very assured that he's 100% serious and wants to ruin me basically out of revenge.
Could anything come of this, even remotely?
Did you leave any damage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is damages to his business - not the room I rented, which I left clean and undamaged, he even gave me my deposit back. However, I'm still hearing from a trusted friend that he's out for blood and just wants to try and ruin me financially and my friend says he's seen the legal paperwork that's been drawn up against me but everything about if he's actually going to go ahead with this still seems up in the air.

The man is a complete bully, he's incredibly angry that I reported him to the council.

I've also been told he only want's the take me to court as I won't be able to afford to defend myself and he'll win as a result.

Well, it is possible he could sue for something. Its impossible to forecast what he may do.
If there wasn't damage to the room then unless he is going to lie through his teeth there isn't a claim for that.
I suppose he could try to sue for defamation. That would be what the comments so far suggest. It is expensive to defend that. He has to show that your comments were either untrue or misrepresentations and damage to his reputation was caused.
To recover £50k he is going to have to show £50k of loss which is not all that easy to do if it is jus that you complained to the council.
Can I clarify anything for you? I will probably respond in the morning now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would I be able to claim costs if I won?

Yes but you have to pay upfront first.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What grounds would he be likely to use to sue me for defamation considering I reported him for violations to the authority?

I get the impression he would probably lie.

Would it be at all concerning to a court that he was just trying to sue me out of revenge?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wouldn't this fall under Abuse of Process? I've got correspondence between me and my friend that states he wants to destroy me and that it's not about the money.

I also feel the only reason (other than his jaw dropping unprofessionalism) he's only speaking to me via my friend is to avoid giving me grounds for a harassment claim.

No. That relates to criminal courts.
People are free to sue upon principle rather than money.