13262538

Hi there, The scenario is thus: I was adopted at around

Hi there,
The scenario is thus:
I was adopted at around 6 months old in 1978 and have recently tried finding my birth mother, only to find that she passed away in 2009.
The search was concluded quickly as her name appears on the Bona Vacantia list, as she has an unclaimed estate.
Further research has led me to the conclusion that she has no living relatives, and I am the only surviving blood relative.
Do I have any claim to her estate?
Thanks in advance,
Andrew Glover
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
It is bad news I am afraid - since you were legally adopted you have no legal claim on the estate.
You can certainly write and explain the situation - there is a discretion that could be exercised - but you would need to show that there are no other living relatives - and even then there is no guarantee - it would be a long shot at best
Please ask if you need further details