12826847

We are a leaseholder on a commercial building, upstairs offices

Customer Question

We are a leaseholder on a commercial building, upstairs offices and downstairs office and storage. We arrange our workload at present such that often we can take advantage of partial occupation on the grd flr thus saving rates. It has worked very well and we are stringent in not using the space during unoccupied periods and actively using the space during the occupied period. We pay/occupy for 42 days and get 90 days rate from ( during this time we do not occupy and arrange our affairs in this way).
Anyway we did this initially after reading about Makro V Nuneaton however our local council have been giving us a credit as described above but without reference to this case, in fact yesterday they told us ALL reliefs are discretionary and they have decided to end this discretionary saving.
We queried with them re Makro etc and they are not being definite one way or another.
The matter is this, does Makro V Nuneaton over ride their discretionary powers. To be clear, we can genuinely arrange our affairs to be beneificial in this respect, it is not contrived.
The 1st floor of the building is always used but we gain saving on the ground floor.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola, Thanks for your emails, I have been away. It seems as if no one on the site can answer so please accept this email as my request for the £40 charged to my credit card ending 0303 to be returned Thanks, ***** ***** of course still use just answer where appropriate Regards ***** *****