I was reported to the police for sending number of unwanted

I was reported to the police for sending number of unwanted email to a woman I had relationship with a year ago and now police wants to interview me. What should I do?
There was no harassment in the e-mails.
How many emails roughly?
Did she respond to any of them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure how many as I did send some one liners and there had been no response. She did keep me in her friends circle up until three weeks ago though.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Roughly 5 or 10 e-mails per month probably?! But I did carry on sending them as I could see my name kept her in circle of friends, up until last week. The theme was mostly giving updates on my job search, how much I missed her etc. There were no threats or abuse.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also, this may help too. I had sent her a present about 2-3 months ago, a pair of diamond earrings and she responded via text to say she cant accept it and wanted to return it but nothing was sent back, only to make me assume she was still interested. She had also accepted a lot of flowers sent by me between January this year till July this year.

That is all I need to know. That is harassment I'm afraid. There is no way around it. This is a large amount of contact over a prolonged period of time with no response from her.
You may as well attend the interview. If you don't go in voluntarily they will only come and arrest you.
They may just give you a harassment warning. Its not likely in practice as they could do that without the inconvenience of interviewing you but it is possible. Failing that they will probably offer a caution if the contact is not threatening.
It is possible they will charge you and send you to court. The main purpose of doing that would be to get a restraining order as a caution would not achieve that. The sentence would be very low though.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shall I take solicitor with me or use the one they provide or none at all and answer the questions frankly?

And in the case of going to court, what sentence are we talking about? will this affect my professional work? I am an accountant.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This was the last response from the case officer;

Dear Mr Su,

Many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately this matter has been formally reported to police and as such we have to investigate the matter.

You will need to attend Wandsworth police station for interview this week. I am aware that you work part time so can you come in tomorrow morning or Thursday morning when I am on duty? If you wish to seek the advice of a solicitor then please do so or you can request one via legal aid when you are at the police station.

Try not to worry, but the sooner we get this sorted out the better.

Please reply via email as I will be out of the office for the rest of the afternoon.

Kind regards,

Charlie Milne
It is a good idea to have a solicitor. Whether you get one to attend with you or use the duty solicitor matters not really except that the duty solicitor will take time to arrive so you will have to wait.
Whether to answer their questions depends on what offers are being made. Probably they can prove what they allege anyway as they will have or be able to obtain the emails that you sent.
The fact of the allegation is going to show on enhanced level DBS I'm afraid.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice