UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi a year ago my dad passed away I am one of 6 children he

Hi a year ago my dad passed away I am one of 6 children he wrote me and my brother out of the will , my 4 sisters told me all the way along that they would split the inheritance 5 ways at the end , they were going to rewrite the will but didn't because of the cost , each meeting we as a family had they said don't worry we will see you right . 3 have now paid me my share but one has kept hers to herself . Is this right that she can do this or could I take her to the small claims court as it's under £10,000 I don't really want to but feel angry that she has done this Rachel
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello Rachel,

You may send your sister a letter pointing out the agreement with her and the other sisters and point out the fact that 3 sisters have paid you your share as per the agreement and that she hasn't done so as agreed.

The letter may motivate her to pay you. However, in court, unless you can show that there was consideration on your part e.g. you gave up something in return for being promised the money by this particular sister, you could have difficulty getting judgement against her, even though you have a good moral case against her.

May I help further?