13262538

I am researching my local parish and would like to access historical

Customer Question

I am researching my local parish and would like to access historical records which indicate things like rights provided to residents of the parish by local landowners etc. I would be grateful if you could tell me who may possibly hold this information. Thank you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
There is no one place involved I am afraid.
You will need to approach this from a number of directions.
There may be details in the Parish Records - so you need to read as many of those as are available.
Also Manorial records - held in your Local County Archives - where you may also find other documentation
The other possibility - very labour intensive I am afraid - is to make a list of the local landowners over the centuries and then call for copies of the Wills of those people
I am sorry not to give a more specific answer
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your kind advice!

You are most welcome - I hope you find the details you are searching for