12826847

Hi there, I have been married for the past 4 years and been

Customer Question

Hi there, I have been married for the past 4 years and been going through mental abuse and anguish. My husband witheld information from me about being married twice before and still waiting on some papers to be signed a month/2 before our wedding. Since then it has been a rollercoaster ride. He has access to my bank accounts and has transferred monies with and without my knowledge. I am entitled to apply for ILR next year November and now he is threatening to get me out of the country when I am working and supporting myself. His son lives with us and does not help the situation other than add fuel to the fire. I stay out late at work and sometimes stay at friends places so I dont have to put up with the verbal and mental abuse. I have been living in the UK since January 2010 (visitors visa) and on a marriage visa since (Aug 2010) I dont see why I have to leave the UK when all I have done is trust someone who now wants to ensure the only thing I have going for me, my career, ends to. Please can you advise what my rights especially with regards ***** ***** visa are so I am able to live my life without having to fear what his manipulative mind is scheming?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Could you confirm why you qualify for ILR in November 2015?
Is this a case of domestic violence? Has the police been informed or called previously?