75100385

Hi Alex Thx for your recent help. Just said you're excellent

Hi Alex
Thx for your recent help. Just said you're excellent and paid a tip. :-) Sorry -next. I have issued proceedings via Northampton. Personal hasn;t paid my bill. Simple contract matter. I get judgment in about 5 minutes at hearings. On this one the defendant has submitted a defence and Northampton have issued a notice to allocate to the fast track. That's never happened before. These are always small claims (quantum £11,950.19 btw). It's asking for directions to be agreed, filing of directions etc. This seems all terribly complicated. I'm quite happy to have a go at it with some tips from you. Or should I go for box D2 (Form N181) and ask for it to be allocated to the small claims track, if so what would be the reasons why? x
Alex Watts : Hello and thank you for requesting me.
Alex Watts : Just to be clear the amount in dispute is £11,950 excluding interest and court fees?
Customer:

£11,520 unpaid invoice. £410 court fee. £20 interest (running)

Alex Watts : Ok. It is a fast track, it's not a small claim. Small claim is anything up to £10,000
Alex Watts : So this will be formal court with formal process and procedures. Also if you lose you will be liable for the costs of the other side.
Alex Watts : It can only be a small claim if the other side agree.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Can you give me any help with regard to how I prepare the directions i.e. what they should include?

Alex Watts :

Dont worry about the directions unless you want something specific.

Alex Watts :

Courts have a standard fast track directions list which they give.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Hmmmm. The notice clearly states that by the 17/11/14 I MUST "file proposed directions with the directions questionnaire". There's no "standard directions" in sight. Can I ask for these?

Alex Watts :

Just ask for standard fast track directions.

Alex Watts :

That is enough

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Yes.. Thank you