75100385

I can recall telling the garage were I go 5 years ago that

I can recall telling the garage were I go 5 years ago that my was under warranty and they said not yet I had the Mazda dealers phone me and tell me that it ran out in May 22 I think he said, so all the work that was done on the car was under warranty, that have said that I should have said. I did tell them 4 years ago when and they said I had not, as I asked for why they did not no and they say that all that information was on a different computer? So far this last 18 months while under warranty it has cost me over £2000.00 pounds and on top of which they very nearly made my car catch fire as when I collected the car from the work that they were doing. They had left off the oil cap and I drove 29 miles like that not realising why I kept getting a bad smell, it was not until I stopped the car and saw smoke coming from the bonnet, so I had to call for road side again and the car was back in to the garage. And this is not the first time that things have gone wrong. They say that I have to tell them off the warranty, yet the garage were the car came from as well as the Mazda warranty people state that it was always there and they should have seen this.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

What is it you would like to achieve please?

Customer: To be able to claim all the costs that I have endured while the car was still under the warranty. I do have a list off things that have happened, but at preasent not at home to hunt them out. I took charge off the car from my mother whom had Parkinson's. And I do be leave it was in 2007 that I have had the car from. And yes the car has warranty now as I have paid for this for two years more. What gets me is no one wants to admit that they are in the wrong particularly Emg group Cambridge.
Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer: So you are saying that they are in the wrong, and that I can claim all costs back from the garage, is this correct. Even though they stated to me I should tell them every time., I have looked at the warrantys that come with the Mazda's . And it is 7 years. As my mother paid for all this when she paid for the car and all details were change to myself this I can recall.
Alex Watts :

That is correct, that is what I am saying indeed.

Alex Watts :

You can both be joint Claimants if you wish

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer: Sorry but I will have to do this on my own as my mother passed away 12/12/12 , and thank you, ***** ***** intend to do is to phone Mazda and ask them for a copy off the warranty that was in place, and also to phone the garage which I have always used as in Cambridge and ask for the run down off all repairs from when I had the car from mum. Question are they abliged to give me the imformation?????
Alex Watts :

Thank you. You can claim for everything under your name and see if the Judge takes issue with it,.

Alex Watts :

Yes they are obliged to give you the information

Alex Watts :

You can ask the Court for specific disclosure if they refuse

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer: Yes thank you
Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: Will start tomorrow to find all paper work for repairs and if anything missing I will ask for a copy thank you
Alex Watts :

Ok great.

Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else for you today?

Customer: If I require more help I will shout, and thank you,
Alex Watts :

Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go - the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience