12826847

***** *****e LLB is he real?

Customer Question

***** *****e LLB is he real?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I met ***** ***** on line. He went to Alaska for a contracting job as a Petroleum Engineer. He started in October 2013 at LNG based in Alaska. His project was finished left from Alaska in Sunday and arrived to London last Monday. He called me from London with this # ***** that he went to Standard Chartered Bank to check on his payment from LNG and also to update his account due to his absence they froze his account He told me that he also went to this attorney to have me as next of kin. However, this morning I called him and his mother was crying that Charles got into an accident. Later on I was called by Mr. Clarke with this sad news

have you been asked to transfer money by any chance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have sent money to Charles for the purchase of the materials that was needed to complete the job because his account was frozen by his bank due to suspicious activities. Charles asked me to check his account for his partial payment transferred by his client LNG for the 2nd stage of his contract so I went into his account and raised suspicion. I have sent to his contact who is a broker of merchandise by the name of Eva Peller. She is from the US and also to his friend Gregory Dick who also have a US address. The total sum of over $30,000. He was to send me back the money once his account is release by his bank which suppose to be today

I don't know anything about this particular individual but this has all the hallmarks of a well known scam in the uk.
You can check whether he is in practice by calling the law society on https://www.lawsociety.org.uk
But even if he a person in practise does not mean the person with whom you are in contact is the same person. We don't charge £5500 in the uk for setting up a PofA.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there any way that you can verify if there is such an attorney by calling his # ***** any thing at all?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This lawyer asked for 5,500GBP for Affidavits of claim and 2,000GBP for Power of Attorney. Are these the proper fees?

Gloria

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you read my previous email on the fees that ***** *****e ask for?

Gloria

Yes.
It is as I have said, this has all the hallmarks of a scam.
There is no reason that these fees could not be charged but you wouldn't normally pay up front for work.