Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

is it illegal in the UK to burn Horse manure and straw on regular

is it illegal in the UK to burn Horse manure and straw on regular intervals - a very large amount.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes please continue.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. It is not illegal per se to burn straw and horse manure. HOwever, if this burning causes a nuisance, then you can get the local Council to prevent it or you can take out an injunction in the courts to prevent it occurring. HOwever, I would suggest that you first formally write to the person who is doing the burning calling upon them to stop. YOu can escalate this to getting a solicitor to write before you then take legal action. Be aware that whilst burning would be tightly controlled by a Council in an urban area, the strictures will be more lax in rural countryside. However, if you live near where this burning is taking place, you should make a complaint to the person who is carrying it out, as it is injurious to a clean environment to have straw and manure burned. The proper approach is that such animal waste should be landfilled as it is organic matter which will rot. It should not be allowed to pollute the atmosphere.
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience