12826847

We had my property searched with a section 23 misuse of drugs

Customer Question

We had my property searched with a section 23 misuse of drugs act warrant ,this however has not been signed or dated ,also the officer in charge after five hours of searching ,nothing found he then added searching for stolen laptops and mobile phones and wrote this as a addendum on the search warrant .My wife and I where arrested and placed in custody for 24 hours and released without charge. Having never been i a police station before 64 years old and zero police record, found this a very daunting experience. Do we have any legal retributions concerning this. Many thanks ***** *****
What was the reason for your arrest?
Where did the information come from? It must have been put to you in interview.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon Jo , my wife and I where arrested for"handling" given a caution and taken to a police station,when I questioned the original warrant Section 23 misuse of drugs ,Search for class A&B drugs,was told by the officer in charge that he can change the wording of the warrant himself,to-reitrate my wife and i have never been arrested before for anything,this is the second search in two years first resulted in two rthousand pounds worth of damage,no compensation ,this current serch approx 300 thousand pounds of damage

It is quite unlikely there is a claim in compensation.
What was the reason for your arrest?