12826847

What is the law regarding lamping rabbits with dogs? I have

What is the law regarding lamping rabbits with dogs? I have a friend who is concidering doing this and I want to deter him. However, unfortunately it seems as they are classed as vermin the poor creatures have no protection with the law.
I presume that he doesn't intend using unlawful weapons?
Or trespassing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, he intends to get permission and go with a friend on land his friend has gone this on before using just dogs. The dogs (he has 2) are patterdale crosses. I don't know how many dogs his friend has.

You are perfectly free to hunt ground game with dogs with the permission of the land owner in the UK.
There is no close season upon ground game.
There are restrictions upon hunting at night using firearms but that isn't what you propose here.
It is important to get the landowner's permission though otherwise you are a trespasser.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought that was the case but hoped otherwise. I will try pleading and appealing to his sense of fair play as it seems unfair odds against the rabbit. Thank you

No problem.
All the best.