75100385

I have a Mercedes A class January 2011- 51000 miles the car

I have a Mercedes A class January 2011- 51000 miles the car had a breakdown due to a
drive sensor was faulty,I have waited since the 8th of august for repair to be carried out
at a cost of £2000-00 Mercedes are only prepared to pay half please can you let me know
have I got any further rights for compensation,or just pay?
+
JohnRaynsford
Alex Watts :

Hello John my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether the car is under warranty?

Customer:

no 7 months outside warranty

Alex Watts : It's bad news I am afraid. Under the Sale of Goods Act you have a limited time to rejct goods, generally being 6 months.
Alex Watts : After this time you can only rely on the warranty
Alex Watts : As you are out of warranty mercedes have no obligation whatsoever to pay for anyrhing
Alex Watts : Therefore if they are prepared to pay for half I would take it, as they do not have to.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/