13262538

Hi there I was wondering if you could give me some advice about

Hi there I was wondering if you could give me some advice about my grandson I was told to day from my daughter that she had a visit from social services and was told that when she had split up from her boyfriend that she had signed some forms to say that she has given permission for her boyfriend mum to adopt her son which she Denise that she has done this it has upset me considerably I feel that I want to do some thing about this as at the end of the day I'm his grand mother as well what can I do about this have I got any rights as a grand parent can you please advice me on this matter yours faithfully NGargett
How old is the child and where is he at present?
When did you last see the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there my grandson is 2yrs old he lives with his dad and the other grand parents the last time I saw him was when he was 1 the reason for this is I went round to see him on his first birthday I was never aloud to spend time with him alone it was all ways with his other grand parent his dad and his auntie I would tex to ask if I could see him on a weekly basis I got fed up of keep getting told by his nan that I don't know I will let you know which she never did when I went round on his 1st birthday I felt that I was being threatened by his dad's friend who came round when I was there he turned round and said is every thing ok to the other nan she replied yes he was glairing at me when he said it I had to leave after that even my daughter was never aloud to see him by her self she always had to see him on there terms hope to here from you soo yours faithfully N Gargertt
Has your daughter received any papers from the court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I don't think so
What makes her think that she has agreed to an adoption?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because she was told by a social worker who came to see her the other day she denies this
How often does she see the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi she hasn't seen him for the past 8months she has tried to see him she has texed her ex boy friends mum to see if she can see him once a week but like me has got fed up being told that they are busy or I'll let you know
I assume that she does NOT want the child adopted - has she told Social Services that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I think so she is expecting again so it would be nice if they could be brought up to gether thanks norma
There is a big difference between the child not being adopted and the child returning to your daughters care.
The starting point is for your daughter to establish a regular pattern of contact with the child.
To do that the first step is to try and discuss matters with her ex and his mother using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
As that has failed she will have to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cb001-eng.pdf
You can go the same route - but you need the permission of the court to make an application and at this stage will be better off supporting your daughters application
Please ask if you need further details