13262538

My husband has left me after 32 years of marriage. It was

Customer Question

My husband has left me after 32 years of marriage.
It was sudden and unexpected. Although he had been acting out of character for 6 months.
He is now renting an flat, after living in a hotel for almost 3 months. I have no access to his address, he will not answer his mobile phone and very rarely replies to my texts. I need to be able to contact him regarding emergencies. Do I have any legal grounds to know his whereabouts? He has not gone for a Legal separation and tells me not to talk about divorce. Legally what are my rights.
He is still paying the mortgage and bills and of course our children are young adults.
May I ask why you feel you need to know where he is living?
What information do you want
and do YOU want a divorce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't want a divorce after being married for 32 years I'm not giving up easily. I feel its only fair I know the address of his flat I now know he is renting. He is still legally my next of kin and if there was an emergency I have no other way of contacting him. He doesn't answer his mobile. Although our sons are adults if anything serious happened to any of us we don't know where he is. The youngest still lives at home. We have a joint bank account and he is spending money on renting a flat while we have a house with a mortgage. I don't know how much longer financially this can be sustained. I do not work I had major surgery and have an on going illness.

I look forward to your response

I am very sorry but since you have no children under 16 there is no basis on which you have any legal need to know his address and he cannot be forced to give it to you.
If you do wish to discuss the financial arrangements then you can try suing Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
the mediator can telephone him to ascertain his address
If you wish you can instruct an Enquiry Agent (private detective) to trace him - it will cost about £100 at most.
Please ask if you need further details