Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Dear Mr. Buchaill - We have a further problem with our

Dear Mr. Buchaill -
We have a further problem with our landlord. They are a couple and have taken to calling us daily and yelling blaming us for the toilet disfunction. I was told that they would not fix the toilet and I needed to do this myself. We called a plumber and the landlord said that they needed to be here to supervise but did not show-up for the appointment.
Also, the toilet has blockage that was built up over time at least 2 - 5 years. We have only lived here for one year.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
Buachaill :

1. Firstly, there is no rule of law or practice which requires the landlord to be there when a plumber is fixing the toilet. As the landlord did not turn up for the appointment, simply go ahead and get the plumber to fix the toilet. Deal with all aspects of it and get a bill for the works from the plumber. Deal with any blockage or build up of residue. If necessary, get a new toilet or new pipes. Just get it fixed. ULtimately, you can deduct it from the rent. If this landlord couple turn up again yelling, just show them the door. If they are doing it on the phone, simply put down the phone. Give them the deaf ear as their attitude is appalling.

Customer:

Buachaill :

You are welcome! Please Rate the Answer