75100385

Can I take a water board to court over a CCJ that I should

Customer Question

Can I take a water board to court over a CCJ that I should never of got in the first place after I paid the bill.I have had this CCJ for two years it's effected my credit rating I have tried to get the water board to get it taken off but each time they have said I had to pay to get it removed even though I paid the bill in the alotted time and it's down to them to sort with the courts.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether you have applied to set it aside please?
Alex Watts : Was it judgment in default and did you defend it?
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : I had a bill come through saying that if I didn't pay the outstanding balance within 30 days I would be taken to court and a CCJ would be against my name. I paid the out standing balance within the 30 days and thought nothing else about till I went on experian about six months later when it shoud I had a CCJ against me. I rang them up told them I had paid it within the 30 days they specified and it should be taken off my credit file immediately but they said I had to pay the court to get taken off my credit .I disputed it saying I shouldn't have to pay anything as I paid it within the alotted time.There own letter even says if you have paid this within the 30 days no further action will be taken.
Alex Watts :

Did you pay the outstanding amount AND Court costs within 30 days?

JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : I paid the outstanding balance but I'm not aware of any court costs.
Alex Watts : Did you have a county court claim form?
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : No
Alex Watts : Ok, so what is on your credit file?
Alex Watts : But you can't have a CCJ then
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : My credit file says I have CCJ with Seven trent
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : I rang the court up and they told me who it's with and when it was brought against me
Alex Watts : Ok, but you said there was no county court claim?
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : Yeah there was I had a reference
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : number and everything
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : It was taken out in January 2012
Alex Watts : Ok. Did you get the claim form?
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : I didn't get a claim form
Alex Watts : But if you didn't get a claim form, how is there is a ccj? That is what I don't understand? How did you know to pay within 30 days?
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : This is why I am seeking legal advice seven Trent are saying I paid the outstanding balance within the alotted time.but the courts are saying I have CCJ ,so someone somewhere has been negligent between seven Trent and the courts they have screwed up
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : this has affected my credit rating and my ability to obtain credit at a lower APR.
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : can you help
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : I had a letter from Severn Trent threating me with legal action if it didn't pay within 30 days
Alex Watts : Ok. Do you have the letter from severn Trent saying you paid it within 30 days?
JACUSTOMER-ruyezr0x- : I paid it over the phone and they confirmed it
Alex Watts : Ok. Go to the court and request a certificate of cancellation.
Alex Watts : Show them that it has been paid within a month. The charge is £15 and they should issue you with the certificate
Alex Watts : Once you have this then you send it to experian, Equifax and call credit .
Alex Watts : That should resolve it,
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/