12826847

If a firm was using pat testing machines that were out of Calibration,

Customer Question

If a firm was using pat testing machines that were out of Calibration, how large would the fine be?
Pat testing machine should be tested every 12 months and re-calibrated.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I work volunteer at a charity shop and do pat-testing on electrical goods to be sold, my own pat testing machine is up to date with its Calibration Certificate, (in other words safe to use) however the charity has at least 9 other pat testing machines that are out of calibration and no matter how many times I ask them to get them re-calibrated , I get it cost's to much to have dun , but they are still using them in other shops.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you would like to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a pat testing machine that is up to date with its calibration certificate but the charity I do volunteer work for has several other machine that have not been re-calibrated and there for should not be used , but they are still using them, I need to know what would happen if something went wrong with goods and putting the public at risk of an electric shock , now I need a bit of bargaining power to make them get there own machines up to date , (like a car has to have a MOT every 12 months , and if not dun well your in trouble with the law) pat testers have to be re-calibrated every 12 months, and if you don't have it dun, whats the penalty .

Ok - so you want to know if they don't have an up to date calibrated machine, what consequences do they face?