12826847

I have a timeshare which expires in 2028 which I wanted to

Customer Question

I have a timeshare which expires in 2028 which I wanted to sell. I approached the timeshare agent (working on site) who said that due to a change in Portuguese law, I could not sell but if I purchased another they would "legalise" my existing one. As they have been selling this to people for the last 5 years (or so they said) I thought it would be okay. So I purchased another at £3,500 with them saying they could sell both within 12 months.
This 2nd apt. is in perpetuity and my children are furious with me.
Can I get out of this 2nd purchase easily? I have been trying to contact them since April - but of course am ignored. I'm 70+ and really fed up.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your contact. Yes I will wait for a reply.

All I need to know is whether I have been "scammed" and how do I get my money back.

Barbara Kell

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Where is the sales agent based? In the UK or Portugal?
Your children cannot be forced to inherit this unless they consent.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.