75100385

We have purchased a caravan on the 30/5/104 in a dealer(worth

Customer Question

We have purchased a caravan on the 30/5/104 in a dealer(worth 14,000 pounds with extras) After a test drive we have already spotted faults with the caravan that was fixed temporarily and in an unacceptable manor to us , customers .
During our summer holiday we found that the overall quality of the caravan was very poor. On the 30/08/2014 before 3 months of purchasing the product we have requested payback because of the following faults :
1)vertical "telegraph@ lines on both offsides and nearside and roof
2) Nearside alloy wheel cording
3)Door flyscreen frame loose
4)Wardrobe side panel loose from fixings
5)water evidence from T.V aerial
6)Beds Gas strurts weak
7)nearside awning corner mound mearred or corroded
8)paint discolouration
They have been assesed and recognized by the dealer. The caravan now stands in the car park of the dealer and we have been informed that the "faults" WITHOUT our premision even though we have specificaly denied any forms of repair by writing several letters and also numerously through phonecalls. We believe they have violated our property however the dealer claims that he is not to side yet the manufacurer. we have a paper aprovals and parts of the recorded conversations when we have thought the dealer was biased and did not want to help us resolve this problem.
We ask for advice on what are our rights in this situation and what we can do in this case.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know what you would like to achieve and how did you pay for the caravan purchase?

Customer :

We paid for the caravan using a debit card and we want cashback for the purchase since the product was of low quality. Is there a chance for getting compensation for the time that we coudn't not use the caravan?

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : They are in breach of the sale of goods act as goods are not fit for purpose.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer :

We have made this claims before the 3 months of purchasing the caravan . From what point does this 14 days count and do we still have the right to push these claims to court

Customer :

We have been told several time that they would answere us within a week

Customer :

but did not.

Alex Watts : 14 days from when you send the letter recorded delivery.
Alex Watts : You need to make your position clear and in writing that you will go to court.
Alex Watts : does that help?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :

You have rated BAD SERVICE? What else do you want to know?