75100385

I purchased a car from a trader for £ 750.00 on 23 sept. 2014.

I purchased a car from a trader for £ 750.00 on 23 sept. 2014. I later discovered that the car is emitting smoke from the exhaust. I contacted several garages for possible causes and was told that the most likely cause to blown head gasket. I was quoted repairs ranging from £444 to £1400. I took the car back to the trader on 23/10/2014 but he refused to carry out repairs or give me full refund. After much haggling, I was forced to accept £210 towards the repair costs as full and final settlement. I reluctantly accepted and resined to the fact that I would spend £200-£300 of my own money in addition towards repair costs.
However, on 24/10/2014, on my way to the garage for repairs, the cambelt tensioner snapped. Eventually I managed to get it to the garage. The garage told me that on further inspection, the garage concluded that the fault was much more serious and needed a new engine. What are my rights, given that I was practically forced to accept £210 in full and final settlement.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know what is it you would like to achieve?

Customer:

Repair costs or full refund

Alex Watts : But you accepted £210 in full and final settlement, have I underatood correct?
Customer:

Yes reluctantly because the trader wouldn't repair it or refund my money

Alex Watts : Ok well it's bad news. If you accepted in full and final settlement that is the end of the matter
Alex Watts : If you issue a claim then they could strike it out.
Alex Watts : You accepted full and final settlement which means just that.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

ok ... Thanks for your answer.