LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

my boundry between two properties has a fence which is inside

Customer Question

my boundry between two properties has a fence which is inside our side leaving approx 100mm of clear space has been excavated inside the 100mm tarmacked area for the erection of a gatepost without prior consultation by my neighbour clearly encroaching my boundry can I ask the contractor to stop as there is risk in my opinion of damage to our concrete plinths and permission by myself the owner to allow this if it is documented and any costs to this effect is bourne by our neighbour
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to answer your question.

Customer:

Your neighbour cannot do anything on your land without your permission. He may not know where the boundary lies and may be assuming it follows the fence line. You should probably put him straight on this. You can ask the builder to stop as he is building on your land without your permission. Whether he will listen to you is another matter...