Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have a court case against a debtor on Nov 3rd. I now see

I have a court case against a debtor on Nov 3rd. I now see that there has been a dissolution notice in the Gazette from 7th October. Is there any point in continuing, knowing the cost of a Barrister etc ?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
Buachaill :

1. Hello. Can you please give me more information about the dissolution of the debtor. Was it a partnership? Or a limited company? Who are you suing in the debt action? How much is owed?

Customer: Ho
Customer: Hi the debtor is a Limited Company, Lloyd LoomFurniture Ltd and the amount is just over £10,000
Buachaill :

2. I regret to say that if it is a limited company you are suing, you now only have a right of proof in the liquidation of the company. So it is no longer worthwhile suing the company. Simply find out the name of the liquidator and send in details of the debt you are owed. You can expect only a few pence in the pound from a liquidation. But be sure to send in details of your claim.