UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi , I am currently in the UK on a tier-2 general visa.

Customer Question

Hi ,
I am currently in the UK on a tier-2 general visa. My girlfriend, who is currently in the US studying, is planning to visit me in the UK late December to spend a month of vacation here. Then we plan to go to India on the 25th of Jan to get married. We plan to come back 1st of February to spend a week and she will go back to the US to continue her studies.
Now my question is should we apply for a general visitor visa or is there any other visa that we should apply for ? If she gets a general visitor visa, can she come back with me on the same visa once we are married ? There is too little time to apply for a new visa after our marriage. Please help.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes. She should apply for a general visitor visa which is usually for 6 months multiple entry so she can enter the UK multiple times during the 6 months period, including before and after your marriage.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks a lot for the response. My girfriend is able to sponsor herself for the trip. However, she will stay with me when she is in UK. Should I send an inivitation letter that she can submit to the homeoffice ? Additionally, I have been in the UK only for two months. Hence, is it ok if I submit payslips and bank statements for the two months ? Please let me know.

Prasad

Yes, what you propose doing is fine.

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was wondering if I can state in the invitation letter that we would be travelling to India to get married and come back to the UK for our honeymoon. This is what I am putting in the letter. Please let me know if this is ok.

As part of this visit, XXXX and I would travel to India for a brief period from the 23rd of January 2015 – 2nd of February 2015, for our wedding. Post marriage, we plan to spend our honeymoon in the United Kingdom. XXX will return to the United States on the XX February, to continue her studies at University of Texas, Austin, TX,USA.

Regards,

Prasad

Yes, that is fine.

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One last question. Should I mention her as my fiancee or my girlfriend. We haven't had an official engagement. Would it make a difference ?

Regards,

Prasad

You may say girlfriend.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Sir,

We are trying to see what would the right answer be for "cost of accomodation" and "living expenses". Since my fiancee will stay with me, can we say accomodation is 0GBP and for living about(###) ###-####GBP ?

Regards,

Prasad

Please open a new question with your additional queries.