12826847

i serve 3.5 years for gbh 18 yrs , and for the last 15 yrs

i serve 3.5 years for gbh 18 yrs , and for the last 15 yrs been of good character hold a steady job since. i have been arrested for a domestic incident and charged with common assult , will i go to prison ?
No.
Common assaults do not lead to custody normally.
Obviously a GBH is a very serious offence of violence but it is a very old conviction and an isolated incident. Generally speaking, offences more than 10 years old are disregarded by the courts. However, this is a relevant offence and also it is a domestic so the witch finder general will be out looking for evidence of sorcery!
Probably your conviction would be considered. The paranoid onlookers will say it renders you incredibly dangerous and the court will ultimately decide that it makes very limited difference to your sentence.
For what it's worth, you might want to consider the merits of this relationship. We all have rows. We don't all get the police involved in them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no thats what I thought , but thanks

No problem.
If that is what this young lady is telling you then that is nonsense. Don't put up with this.