12826847

my son forged my signature on a letter saying i gifted him

my son forged my signature on a letter saying i gifted him the deposit for his mortgage deposit when i loaned him it.
Yes, there is an offence of forgery.
Whether you would want to report it is another matter of course. He is your son. I can understand that you would take the view that this is private business even though it is illegal.
However, you are correct. There is an offence of forgery that was made out here if he forged your signature.
Forgery is a very serious offence so it might be that a handwriting analysis would be required. If the handwriting expert does not point to him fairly categorically it will not prosecuted in practice.