Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have a friend, named Paula Brophy who has inherited a house

I have a friend, named Paula Brophy who has inherited a house in London, plot 328, Wellfield Street, Warrington, England. She wants to sell it, but she is told to pay for the Insurance Before she can sell it, which she cannot afford. I tell Paula that she can demand a down payment from the client who wants to buy the house and pay for the Insurance with that Money. Paula is told that this is against the law, that she must pay for the Insurance Before she can make a sale. This is a Catch 22 situation. Can it really be true? The value of the house is £ 700,000 and the Insurance fee £ 20,000.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Could you please clarify what Insurance you are talking about. Do you mean Inheritance Tax?
You mention the property is in London, but Warrington is in the north of England and not in London?
I look forward to hearing from you.
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Insurance is a general house Insurance

I could have missunderstood about Warrington, that it is not in London

Thanks for your reply.
I must say there is no way that house Insurance will cost £20,000.
Who has said this needs to be paid and has your friend received any confirmation/evidence that it will be £20,000?
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I Think I have been the subject for fraud attempt. Thank you for your answer. This was my only question. I don´t want to ask anymore so I will not subscribe any further

If you are happy with my Answer, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback, so I get credited for my time.
Kind Regards
AL