UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a Chairman of a grassroots Rugby Club which was flooded

I am a Chairman of a grassroots Rugby Club which was flooded last year
we had a claim settled by RSA and the club is now open and working again serving the community for Junior and senior Rugby
we have now come to renew our Insurance and the RSA declined to give us any insurance at all AXA will insure us but they will not include Flood Cover
we have since found out by one of our members who has bought a building down the road that AXA have agreed to give him Flood cover
our broker and another broker have tried on our behalf to agree with AXA to give us flood cover but they refuse The building is 25 ft away from the water we are 500 ft away and up a incline can we do something about this ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid you cannot force an insurer to offer you cover and you would be advised to look for alternative insurers in the market who are able to offer you the particular type of cover which you want.

Sorry but I can only advise you in accordance with the law.

May I help further?