Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have tried to get my new isa going with united bank uk, they

I have tried to get my new isa going with united bank uk, they say their are sending me emails to activate my account but I am not receiving anything for 2 weeks what can I do ?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Alex J. :

What I suggest you do is the following. Write to the bank and say that their processes are not working, as them to propose an alternative method of correspondence.

Alex J. :

As a customer of the bank they are obliged to treat you fairly - therefore if they do not make alternative arrangements, make a written complaint to them.

Alex J. :

If they still do not respond to the complaint then you should contact the Financial Ombudsman, who have the power to sanction the bank if they have treated you unfairly.

Alex J. :
www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Alex J. :

Do you have any further information you can provide me? Kind regards AJ