31090051

Today I was at Uxbridge magistrates court I was prosecuted

Customer Question

Today I was at Uxbridge magistrates court I was prosecuted for the unlawful use of a disabled persons badge relating to the parking of my works motor vehicle at Heathrow Terminal 5 car park. Contrary to section 117(1) of the road traffic regulation act 1984.
Can you tell me if this a criminal offence or a traffic offence as I have been given with immediate effect a disqualification from driving for 14 days. The badge belonged to my mother in law whom had forgotten to remove it when she departed therefore I used it to pick up my next passengers as I am a Private Hire driver I pleaded guilty to the offence.
Kind Regards
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
It is a criminal offence. The section provides that a parking offence is committed unless a disabled badge is validly displayed and being used in circumstances where "a disabled person's concession would be available to a disabled person's vehicle."
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is it possible to talk or do I have to chat on line ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if it is a criminal offence does the magistrate have the power to disqualify me for 14 days ??

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is within the magistrate's powers.