12826847

I live in the U.S.A. I am originally from the U.K. and my siblings

Customer Question

I live in the U.S.A. I am originally from the U.K. and my siblings etc still live there. My concern is about my eldest sister.
She has been having memory problems and a couple of years ago was having problems with her neighbors most of them imaginary on her part. Police were called and she was put into some kind of a hospital for some kind of treatment for her actions. Eventually she was allowed home for visits to see if she could cope which she eventually did under the supervision of some of her family. Her husband passed away about six years ago and she was very despondent over this. Now comes the problem. She has three daughters and two sons. The problem is with her oldest son. He was kind of estranged from for a few years. From what I understand she has written a will which I believe may exclude this son as I know that he did visit her once after his father died and stole some money and some very expensive camera equipment. This was my sister told me herself and she was very angry about it that she wanted nothing to do with him. She also told me that he would not be in her will, the camera equipment belonged to her dead husband. I got a call today from my brother telling me had a call from one of my sisters daughters saying that her son had moved into my sister's house with his girlfriend. He has put up her house for sale and will not let her other children see her or her grandchildren. One daughter went to see her Mother and he called the police on her who said there was nothing they could do. In my sister's will she has left the house to two of her grand children. He is going to put my sister who by the way is 81 into some kind of warden controlled apartment some where in the west country.
We have absolutely no family or friends living in that part of the U.K. Most of her family live around London and south Wales. It seems he is keeping her isolated from the world almost like a prisoner. the children are worried about her bank accounts. If anyone of them call he will not let them speak to her. He did let one grandson visit but would not leave the room. I am not in my sisters will. I am just concerned for my other nieces and nephews but most of all my sister. She did have a lady who went everyday to her house to give her, her medications as she would forget to take them herself. The family don't know what to do. They are hoping that he is not making her write checks on her account or trying to get her to change her will. He also will not tell his siblings where in the west country she will live. Thank You.
Have Social Services been involved at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clare I am not sure but a couple of years ago she was imagining that her next door neighbors were doing all kinds of things to her property and really gave them a hard time . She was even calling the police on them. eventually I believe put into some kind of hospital for treatments and was there quite sometime. Then she was allowed home for a day then two and then the weekends. Eventually a week. She has not gone into hospital again. She is well taken care of by her one daughter a grandson and a granddaughter who live pretty close to her. She is on medication and I know she visits her doctor regularly.

my sister is not rich, rich but does have a house that is worth a few hundred thousand pounds. I believe she may have money in the bank to. That is what worries me I can see my nephew getting my sister into writing a new will and having her write him checks . He has completely isolated her from her family and this idea of moving her to the West Country is very scary as he will not tell them where. As I said before all her family live in London or South Wales. Tomorrow I will call my niece and see if my sister has been involved with Social Services. Thank you. My name is Wendy.

Was your sister still mentally competent when her daughter last saw her?