LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I have a old 24ft single deck bus in my drive which I am converting

I have a old 24ft single deck bus in my drive which I am converting in to a camper, poole council has had complaints about it being in my drive. they are now threatening to serve me with section 215 notice what can I do. im struggleing to pay bills let alone taking on the council.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this. A section 215 notice may be served not because you are doing work on your dive but because the land is said to be untidy or unkempt to the extent that it is effecting the pleasantness of the area in which you live. Owners of untidy land or unkempt buildings can be served with a Section 215 Notice that requires the proper maintenance of land or buildings that cause injury to amenity. 24 feet that would be the size of a large minibus rather than the bottom half of a standard double decker. If your work is done tidily I don't see why this would merit a section 215 notice.
If you are issued with an Enforcement Notice you will be given the details of the breach, the reason for the action, the steps required to overcome the problem, and the time period for compliance.
The Council may prosecute offenders who do not comply with an Enforcement Notice.
Those involved will be advised that the period for compliance has lapsed and they will be invited to state their intentions. If no agreement can be reached, they will be advised that non-compliance constitutes an offence for which, if proven guilty, a fine of up to £20,000 can be imposed.
Do you know when or if the notice will be served and how much longer will you be working on the bus?
You can further delay matters by appealing any enforcement notice to the Planning Inspectorate.
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience: Solicitor with over 15 years experience.