29905560

i worked three days a week for drageon plant hire i signed

Customer Question

i worked three days a week for drageon plant hire i signed in to work thay also text me to say will sort it out it is about 12 weeks thay will not reply to my phone or texts what can i do next please
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you mean you have not been paid?

JACUSTOMER-libeumv8- :

yes

Ben Jones :

were you an employee or self employed? How much is outstanding?

JACUSTOMER-libeumv8- :

i worked 3 days a week for 7 weeks it was cash in hand at 75 pounds a day he paid me up until the last 7 weeks and no more

Ben Jones :

So were you an employee or self employed?

JACUSTOMER-libeumv8- :

i am retired he asked me to help him out he as payed in to my bank acc but 1500 is still howing to me

Ben Jones :

Whenever a dispute arises over money owed by one party to another, the debtor can be pursued through the civil courts for recovery of the debt. As legal action should always be seen as a last resort, there are certain actions that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve the courts. It is recommended that the process follows these steps:

1. Reminder letter – if no reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the debtor to voluntarily pay what is due.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but these have been ignored, the debtor must be sent a formal letter asking them to repay the debt, or at least make arrangements for its repayment, within a specified period of time. A reasonable period to demand a response by would be 10 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to recover the debt. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Once the claim form is completed it will be sent to the debtor and they will have a limited time to defend it. If they are aware legal proceedings have commenced it could also prompt them to reconsider their position and perhaps force them to contact you to try and resolve this.

Whatever correspondence is sent, it is always advisable to keep copies and use recorded delivery so that there is proof of delivery and a paper trail. The court may need to refer to these if it gets that far.

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

JACUSTOMER-libeumv8- :

how much will it cost me

Ben Jones :

what is the exact amount you are claiming?

JACUSTOMER-libeumv8- :

1500 pounds

Ben Jones :

£70 claim fee, £115 hearing fee

Ben Jones :

Has this answered your query please?

Ben Jones :

Hi I just need to know if you need further help or if I can close the question, thanks

JACUSTOMER-libeumv8- :

ben can i phone you

JACUSTOMER-libeumv8- :

yesterday i payed you 42 pounds and nothing for it i am very disappointed

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ben what can i do next

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

very disappointed

Hi, unfortunately we cannot discuss this over the phone as we are only an online service. I have provided the exact steps you need to follow in order to pursue this and also answered your question on how much it will cost you to do so, what else do you need to know please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ben i can get the date i started with dragon plant and when i left but not for a week or 2 as the site manager as gone to a new site i,ve got his number he said he will give me all the dates i want

ok but please clarify what further queries you have of me because I am unclear as to what else you need to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what is the next step

The steps you need to follow have already been outlined in my initial response above, you will see them numbered 1, 2, 3...