12826847

we want to do a walk from Lands end to john o groats walking

Customer Question

we want to do a walk from Lands end to john o groats walking on A & B roads pushing a made soap box unpowered. are there any restrictions
Sorry but I'm not clear what you intend doing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are doing a charity walk from John O groats to Lands end pushing a man made go kart on A Roads & B Roads is there any law to say we can not do this.

I see.
The means of propulsion would be the act of your pushing it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes correct

When you say a go cart, you do mean a conveyance on wheels? Pushed by physical force?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes this is a go kart with four wheels and breaks one person site in it to steer the rest push it physical force

There is no restriction upon using this upon a B road. It is effectively in the same position as a pedal cycle.
There would be restrictions upon using it upon a dual carriageway A road though as it is likely to be treated in the same way as a pedal cycle since the means of propulsion is physical force rather than mechanical energy.