12826847

I have been issued an "intention to prosecute" for speeding

I have been issued an "intention to prosecute" for speeding and have been asked to identify the driver. I am a UK citizen and I happen to have in addition to my UK license a US license also. What would happen if I use my US license to "name the driver"? could I get a fine but no points?
If you were the driver then you would need to present your UK licence Im afraid.
If you do not then the DVLA will identify it and revoke. Obviously they can only revoke your UK licence but it would impact upon your rights to drive using your US licence in the UK.
You cannot use a licence to respond to a S172 request. You respond as an individual and then your entitlements to drive are considered.
Sorry if that is bad news.