Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

CAN I CHANGE THE DETAILS OF A COUNTY COURT CLAIM WHEN NEW EVIDENCE

CAN I CHANGE THE DETAILS OF A COUNTY COURT CLAIM WHEN NEW EVIDENCE HAS BECOME AVAILABLE AFTER THE ORIGINAL CLAIM WAS ISSUED?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
Buachaill :

1. Yes you can seek to amend your claim to include any additional claim or alteration which the new evidence has given rise to. The first stage is that you should write to the defendant's solicitors and set out the amendment to your claim which you wish to make. The way to do this is to send an amended claim with the new alterations underlined to highlight where the amendments are being made. If the defendant or his solicitor refuses to agree to you amending your claim, or its particulars, then you have to make a court application to amend the claim. The basis for this amendment would be the additional evidence which has come to light and you will be expected to set this out to the court when seeking the amendment.