75100385

Can you help me with a problem of debt collection companies

Customer Question

Can you help me with a problem of debt collection companies constantly selling on the debt, after I've proved the person they are chasing is not me.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now could you please explain the situation a little more?
JACUSTOMER-yk5ybamf- : I have been plagued for years by different companies chasing the same debt. The amount is the same ,the company they are collecting for is the same. The first company sent me a letter of apology stating that they were sorry " wrote chase". Then they sell the debt on and the process starts all over again. I have just been approached by another dept collection company claiming I owe the debt, asking for me to pay. I am willing to go to court now with my evidence to finally get this thing off my back. What is your expert advice.
Alex Watts : What you need to do is write to the information commssioner as this is a violation under the data protection act. They offer a free and independent service at www.ico.gov.uk
Alex Watts : You can also complain to the Office of Fair Trading as they are not following the guidance on debt collection and disputed debts. This can be found at
Alex Watts : http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/debtcollecting-note.html
Alex Watts : That should help you resolve the matter.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today pkease?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/