Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have a friend living in Spain. She is Nigerian and has residencia

Customer Question

I have a friend living in Spain. She is Nigerian and has residencia there. She would like to visit me for a weeks holiday. She seems to think it is not possible as she does not have a 'proper' job. She looks after children. There is no question of her staying here. If there are difficulties can I post a bond or something to be repaid on her exit?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
The only way she can visit you as a tourist is to apply for a general visitor visa in the UK.
https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa - here are the details.
How long does she plan on staying?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I already know the info given. The problem is she has no work record as she is paid cash. She has lived 10 years in Spain and does cleaning and child minding.We would like to give her a weeks holiday. She would stay with my family on the Isle of Wight. Would details of my bank accounts help her enter the uk.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
A letter from you to UK Border Agency confirming that you will financially support her for her stay is normally sufficient. She should also make sure she has a return ticket booked.
Has her VISA application been rejected?
AJ