How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3774
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I am extremely unhappy about the way my solicitor has handled

Resolved Question:

I am extremely unhappy about the way my solicitor has handled my defence in a bankruptcy action against me. How do I pursue this matter?

I'm concerned about the legal profession protecting its own. I need completely idependent advice. I can't pursue an expensive action.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If you do not want to sue the solicitor for negligence what I suggest you do is the following:

Alex J. :

1. Make a written complaint to the Managing Partner as a starting point;

Alex J. :

2. Request for your file to be delivered to you, because you are entitled to this;

Alex J. :

3. If the solicitor does (as you anticipate) deal with your complaint adequately, you can complain to the regulator.

Alex J. :

Alex J. :

The Legal Ombudsman will have the power to investigate your claim and make a ruling against the solicitor if appropriate.

Alex J. :

Can I assist any further or can you give me any further information? Kind regards AJ


So far, so good. May be in touch. Thanks.

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you