Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I am extremely unhappy about the way my solicitor has handled

I am extremely unhappy about the way my solicitor has handled my defence in a bankruptcy action against me. How do I pursue this matter?

I'm concerned about the legal profession protecting its own. I need completely idependent advice. I can't pursue an expensive action.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If you do not want to sue the solicitor for negligence what I suggest you do is the following:

Alex J. :

1. Make a written complaint to the Managing Partner as a starting point;

Alex J. :

2. Request for your file to be delivered to you, because you are entitled to this;

Alex J. :

3. If the solicitor does (as you anticipate) deal with your complaint adequately, you can complain to the regulator.

Alex J. :
www.legalombudsman.org.uk/

Alex J. :

The Legal Ombudsman will have the power to investigate your claim and make a ruling against the solicitor if appropriate.

Alex J. :

Can I assist any further or can you give me any further information? Kind regards AJ

Customer:

So far, so good. May be in touch. Thanks.