75100385

I am in dispute with my local authority and have asked the

I am in dispute with my local authority and have asked the leader of the local council to answer questions relating to the issue. He has spent the last 6 months using political rhetoric to avoid answering the questions and now, 6 months later, when I refused to give up, he has sent me an email saying he refuses to answer my questions.
What are my options now? If I can't ask our democratically elected representatives to intervene on my behalf or at least answer a question, what can I do? I can't afford expensive solicitors?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you complained to the Ombudsman yet please?

Customer:

Not yet, as you have to put in an official complaint to the council first and as they are all covering up for one another I can't see how complaining to the people that caused the problems will help?

Alex Watts :

What you should do is write to the Chief Officer of the Council and put the complaint in writing formallly.

Alex Watts :

They will respond back to you.

Alex Watts :

If you are not happy with that response then you can complain to the Ombudsman. But you need a formal response from the Council first.

Alex Watts :

The Ombudsman is at www.lgo.org.uk - they offer a free, independent service and can examine the complaint for free.

Alex Watts :