12826847

Can a boy of 11years be restricted from playing football for

Can a boy of 11years be restricted from playing football for a club outside his postcode area in wales by the faw
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My grandson lives in Merthyr postcode cf46 6db and wants to play for a team in tremor rest which is outside his postcode the football association have said he can not because it is not in the Merthyr area of his postcode and ithis is stated in thier rules
I see
In that case they can. A football club is a private institution and they are free to exclude or include anybody they like unless it offends against equal opportunities legislation like a racial or gender reason.
If it is just that he lives outside of their post code inclusion region then that is a lawful reason I'm afraid.
Sorry if that is bad news.