Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I own a leasehold property purchased over 5 years ago. There

I own a leasehold property purchased over 5 years ago. There is a satellite dish attached to the outside wall which, the landlord says, breaks the terms of the lease and must be removed.The satellite dish was installed by the previous owner i.e. more than 5 years ago. Given the length of time it has been there can the landlord ask now for it to be removed?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
I am afraid that unless the breach (ie the satellite dish) has been there for 20 years or more, the Landlord can ask that it be removed, if there is a covenant in your Lease prohibiting such a dish.
Sorry I can't give you better news, but hope I have assisted you.
Kind Regards
AL