Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I am a gaurantor for my son he missed some payments so the

Customer Question

I am a gaurantor for my son he missed some payments so the small claims court sent us some forms to fill in I posted them at the same time . They were even put in the same postbox today my son received a letter saying he only has to pay 75pounds a month where I received a letter saying I didn't reply back so they want full payment what can I do as they seem to of conveniently lost my forms
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 3 years ago.
Write back to the court explaining the circumstances and that both you and your son replied on the same day together. Also explain that the court has accepted your sons proposal and enclose a copy of the order made.
This is a classic example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing and, as a consequence, the court has made 2 orders which are completely inconsistent with one another.
I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply
Best wishes
Michael