12826847

My son has been arrested, the police won't tell me anything.

My son has been arrested, the police won't tell me anything. Am beside myself with worry.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know the situation. The police were not at all help full wouldn't even acknowledge that they were holding him. Am distraught with worry and have never been in this situation before.

No, they won't tell you anything if he is an adult. There are lots of reasons for it. One is a duty to respect his confidentiality. Another is to avoid reprisals. Not all victims are innocent little flowers. Some have a very long standing amount of experience of the police and criminal courts and will phone custody suites to gather information like that in order to go and take revenge upon people.
He does have a right to have somebody informed of his arrest but that is his choice not that of the police. There are some exceptions to that right that allow for a person to be held in communicado for a period of time but that is only for the most serious situations. A stay in intimation is not agreed often.