13262538

I have split up with my girlfriend 2 months ago. We have been

Customer Question

I have split up with my girlfriend 2 months ago. We have been living together in my house for the last 2.5 years. She has a 16 year old daughter living with us.
I have a 10 year old son through a previous marriage who I have on 11 out of 28 days in a month - amicably with my ex-wife. However, I feel that the tension in the house is getting too much that I don't want him exposed to the rows and arguments. It is also not good for my ex's 16 year old daughter.
Prior to moving in my ex was living in rented council accommodation.
She has been contributing approx £90 per month to the council tax, gas/electric and water but the monthly household bills are far higher at approx £300 per month excluding the mortgage.
My ex has approached the council but as her daughter is 16 they are low priority on the council waiting list.
My ex refuses to rent either a housing association property or a private rented property as she considers this a waste of money.
She can get a mortgage for about £60k, I have offered to give her £5k but she is being unreasonable with respect to the type of property that she can afford. No house is ever good enough unless i involves me giving her about 30k as anything else she deems unfair.
What can I do to get her out of my house and home so that the atmosphere can return to normal for my son?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your ex has no right to remain in your property and no financial claim on it.
She does have the right to "reasonable written notice to leave" - at least two months given the involvement of the 16 year old.
You may make it three months given the nearness of christmas.
At the end of that time you can simply change the locks when she is out
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details