12826847

My husband and I separated over 3 years ago. We still have

Customer Question

My husband and I separated over 3 years ago. We still have the house in joint names and I have been paying the full amount of the mortgage for the past 18 months, prior to that, he paid the total mortgage for the first 3 months and then we each paid half of it.
My husband did have a key to get into the house but I asked for it for someone to house sit whilst I was away. Now, he is asking for the key back as he says he comes in when I am not there. Does he have a right to have a key and does he have a right to enter the house whilst I am not there?
How long did you actually live together and are there any children involved?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The children are married and have left the marital home. We were married for 40 years (he left just before the anniversary).

When I took over the mortgage payments in full, I had the house valued at £125,000 but was told that realistically we would be getting about £110,000. At the time of my husband leaving me, there was a balance of £42,000 outstanding on the mortgage. I have now got it down to £32,000 - £10,000 of that is an endowment shortfall and will need to be settled at the end of the mortgage term which is in 2016

Are you intending to have a divorce?