13262538

Ward of Court. How can I find out if someone has a represent

I am the secretary of a self managed company for a block of flats. One of our neighbours is deaf dumb and autistic. He used to have a guardian who kept an eye on his financial affairs, although she didn't live with him. I presume she has died as I have not been able to make contact with her for a number of years. The neighbour has got into financial difficulties with paying his maintenance charges over the last 4 years. I believe he was made a ward of court from a conversation I had with the guardian a number of years ago. Although the neighbour can read and write, he noes not reply to any letters we have sent him. How can I find out if anyone is responsible for him now?

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You can check whether or not he has a Deputy or an Attorney using the process described here
https://www.gov.uk/find-someones-attorney-or-deputy
If not you may also need to contact the Vulnerable Adults team at your local Social Services.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details