12826847

I have been offered a lump sum (95,000) by a venture capital

Customer Question

I have been offered a lump sum (95,000) by a venture capital company, to lease for 30 years a rural small site, which currently hosts two telecommunication masts and for which I receive currently 10,000 euro annually. Each year this amount is included with my overall income and I pay the tax due. One company pays me 7000 and I have 12years remaining on their lease. The second company pays 3000 and their lease is up for renewal at the end of 2015. However, the agreement states that they wish to contine for a further 3 five year leases. However, both of these companies could give me one years notice of intent to quit.
I was considering the offer but I would need to know the tax implications of accepting this lump sum.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a Tax question about Ireland, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide an Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for trying. I know it isn't your country. I would like to leave it and not continue any further with just answer. I did put Ireland in my original question and also that I felt it was a taxation query. I don't that think you should have accepted the question if you knew Ireland was outside your remit. I trust you will refund the 37euro asap Thank you Sheila

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for trying. I know Ireland isn't your country but I put Ireland down in the first instance and also that it was a taxation query. I don't think that the question should have been accepted. I trust you will refund my payment of 37 euro asap. Thank you Sheila

The refund has been processed and you should receive email confirmation.
Thank you for giving us a try and I hope you may be able to use JustAnswer again in the future.