75100385

Hi I hope you can help, a company I have been paying a Debt

Hi I hope you can help, a company I have been paying a Debt management plan for approx three years has apparently ceased trading, I have tried to phone them and email them but to no avail could you advise me as to how i can register myself as a creditor or what I should do next Ilook forward to hearing from you David LLINLEY
Alex Watts :

Hello David my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether you have proof of payments?

Customer:

Hi Alex Payments were paid by direct debit straight from my bank , the company involved changed its name three times whilst I was with them , I never had a statement each year until this year when I requested one ,I was sent a statement as from January 2013 when I asked about previous payments I was told I would have to speak with original company but have had great difficulty contacting them by phone or email, hope this helps a little bit, David

Alex Watts :

They have ceased trading, you are sure of that?

Customer:

I was told by the FCA that they had suspended them from trading in September and that they were not to take anymore money from peoples accounts , I did not know this at the time and subsequently they took another 2 payments from my account of which I have now stopped the direct debit !

Alex Watts :

OK - you need to obviously stop paying them and contact Step Change

Alex Watts :

http://www.stepchange.org/

Alex Watts :

They are a free charity that offer debt management

Alex Watts :

They can write to your creditors and confirm the original repayment plan.

Alex Watts :

Also they will ask the lenders and show proof of your payment to the old debt management plan - and therefore ask if they will write off those payments made but not received.

Alex Watts :

But Step Change can help you - they can write to the lenders.

Alex Watts :

The creditors are likely to write off any payments not received as it is not your fault.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thanks Alex , I am now in contact with step change and in the middle of setting up a new payment plan I would like to thank you for the advice given and would advise other people to try this service , Thanks again. David